Manual WLAN setup under Android
Requirements and note
Please make sure that...
- ...you have set an unlock code for your display (PIN or password)
- ...you no longer have an old eduroam configuration. If you do, you have to delete it first (here is a short instruction).
This guide is intended for experienced people who are familiar with manual WLAN configuration or the automated setup fails.
We therefore recommend to all who are unsure about the automated setup. Requirements and Note
Step 1: Download certificate
For the connection to the "eduroam-WLAN" you need the certificate "T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2". Save the certificate and follow the instructions in step 2 of this manual.
Note: On the HTW campus you can use the open WLAN "HowToUseEduroam" to download the certificate. Alternatively, the setup/download can also be done in your home WLAN or via your mobile data.
Step 4: Configure eduroam network
Now make the following settings:
- Net name: eduroam
- Security: 802.1x EAP
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MS-CHAP v2
- CA certificate: Select the previously imported certificate "TeleSec2"
- Identity: Please enter your HTW user name with the extension "@htw-berlin.de" (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Anonymous identity: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Please enter your HTW password (identical to the LSF/Moodle/E-Mail-System of the HTW Berlin)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make absolutely sure that your device does not enter a space after your user name or anonymous identity!
If the field "Domain" is also available to you, you can simply leave this field empty.
Please confirm your entries with "Connect". Afterwards the connection to the eduroam network should be established.