Wi-Fi on HTW Berlin
On the campus of the HTW Berlin, the internationally widespread WLAN "eduroam" is available. Members of the HTW Berlin as well as visitors of institutions that belong to the eduroam network can use it. In return, HTW members can automatically use the eduroam WLAN at all participating institutions of the eduroam network.
For events, the computer center provides a guest WLAN (Gast@HTW). Access for this can be requested by responsible HTW employees via the account service. In addition, Free WiFi Berlin is broadcast at central points.
Please select your operation system
For the following operation systems there are step-by-step instructions.
With every operations system it is important to use the extension (i.e. "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "email@example.com "). The password is identical to the LSF, moodle or e-mail systems at the HTW.
If you use a different operation system, please pay attention to the installation notes of the official CATeduraom webpage.
If you cannot connect to eduroam...
If you are not able to connect to the eduroam check the following:
- Make sure you used the HTW account name with the extension "@htw-berlin.de" (i.e. "firstname.lastname@example.org” or "email@example.com ”) as your Wi-Fi user name.
- Make sure there is no old eduroam configuration is on your computer. (Auf dieser Seite erfahren Sie, wie Sie dies entsprechend für Ihr Betriebssystem prüfen können.)
- Please note the “Requirements for use” on this website.
- Check whether a locally installed firewall or an anti-virus program is preventing the connection / setup.
- As a last resort, you can manually configure your Wi-Fi connection (LINK zur Unterseite).
General eduroam configuration parameters
|Supported EAP-Types:||PEAP-MSCHAPv2 |
|CA-Certificate:||- T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2 (*.cer) (e.g. for Windows, Android) |
- T-TeleSec GlobalRoot Class 2 (*.pem) (e.g. for Linux)
|Username:||HTW-Account-Username with the extension @htw-berlin.de (z.B. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)|
| Anonymous identity/|
|Password:||Password from your HTW-Account (identical to the LSF/Moodle/E-Mail-System of the HTW Berlin)|